Marshall, Texas is the third-largest city in the Lone Star State, and it's my favorite place to visit! There are so many things to do here, it's hard not to find something you'll enjoy. Below I've put together a list of my favorite things to do in Marshall that cover a variety of interests. This list is in no particular order and while I could probably make this list much longer, I'm trying to keep it a manageable length. If one of your favorite things to do isn't on here and you'd like me to include it, feel free to leave a comment at the end!
- Marshall Visitor Center- The Marshall Visitor Center is the perfect place to start your exploration of Marshall. Here you can pick up maps and brochures, learn about the history of the town, and find out about all the best things to see and do. The staff at the visitor center are always happy to help
- Marshall Historic District- The Marshall Historic District is a must-visit for anyone interested in the history of this fascinating town. The district is home to a number of historic buildings, including the old post office and courthouse, and is a great place to learn about Marshall's past.
- Michelson Museum of Art- The Michelson Museum of Art is a small but impressive museum located on the campus of Wiley College. The museum houses a collection of art from around the world, as well as rotating exhibits of local and regional artists. The Michelson Museum of Art is a great place to spend an afternoon exploring Marshall's vibrant arts scene.
- Harrison County Heritage Park- Harrison County Heritage Park is a beautiful park located on the outskirts of Marshall. The park is home to a number of historic buildings, including an old grist mill and a log cabin, and is a great place to take a walk or have a picnic.
- Texas & Pacific Railway Museum- The Texas & Pacific Railway Museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in the history of the railroad in Texas. The museum is located in an old railway depot and features a number of exhibits on the history of the railroad in Marshall and the surrounding area.
- Marshall Championship Rodeo- The Marshall Championship Rodeo is a must-see for any rodeo fan. The rodeo is held every year in April and features some of the best cowboys and cowgirls from around the country. If you're in town during rodeo season, be sure to catch a performance.
When you're looking for a place to stay in Marshall, TX, Arya Inn Marshall is the ideal accommodation. This well-appointed inn is an excellent choice when you want to make the most of your stay in this charming Texas town.
These are just a few of the many great things to see and do in Marshall, Texas. Whether you're interested in history, art, or just getting out in nature, you're sure to find something to enjoy in this charming town.